World News

Prince Harry settles case against UK tabloid publisher for phone hacking | World News – Times of India


LONDON: Prince Harry said Friday that his “mission” to rein in the British media continues, after he accepted costs and damages from a tabloid publisher that invaded his privacy with phone hacking and other illegal snooping. Harry’s attorney said at a court hearing that Mirror Group Newspapers had agreed to pay all of Harry’s legal costs, plus “substantial” damages, and would make an interim payment of $505,000 within 14 days.
The final tab will be assessed later. The prince said he had been vindicated:”We have uncovered and proved the shockingly dishonest way in which the Mirror acted for so many year.” The settlement avoids new trials over 115 more tabloid articles that Harry says were the product of hacking or other intrusions. Harry still has ongoing cases against the publishers of Sun and Daily Mail over claims of unlawful snooping.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *